Location: Remote United States
LevaData is seeking a detail-oriented and driven Director of Business Development for our office in San Jose, CA or remote in the US to increase company revenue by identifying profitable business opportunities and developing long-term business growth strategies. Responsibilities of the director of business development include recommending ways to improve operations planning, attending client and advisor meetings, and notifying partners of key business developments. The right candidate will also be able to assess business risks by analyzing financial, statistical, and economic data.
To be successful in this role, you need to be persuasive and have strong business acumen to help promote and correctly position LevaData’s platform in the market. Ultimately, the right candidate will be adept at negotiating sound business deals as well as demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects and build relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts.
- Building solid relationships with channel partners, as well as LevaData sales and marketing teams.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of LevaData’s offerings to identify profitable business opportunities.
- Clearly communicate the business value of complex, strategic solutions to business and IT executives.
- Determine prospect’s interest in and make recommendations on appropriate LevaData product and services options.
- Use independent judgment to qualify and validate inbound and outbound leads via the phone, web, email, corporate events, and direct mail campaigns.
- Participate in the sales opportunity reviews and reach out to and collaborate with the appropriate sales leads.
- Support marketing efforts by presenting market research to marketing directors and suggesting strategies to expand market reach.
- Assessing marketing, business development, and sales as well as partner operations and recommending improvements as needed.
- Researching emerging trends and recommending new company offerings to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Presenting business or marketing opportunities to company executives and management.
- This position may require domestic travel.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, finance, or related field; Master's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of business development, inside sales, or sales management experience in a B2B SaaS sales environment.
- Proven business development, sales, or marketing experience.
- Solid understanding of supply chain, supply management, and strategic sourcing practices.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Detail-oriented and persuasive.
- All prospective employees must take and pass a background check
- Highly competitive salary.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Fully remote anywhere within the U.S. – work from home!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans with 100% employer coverage for employees.
- 401(k) matching.
- Family leave plan.
- Stock option plan.
LevaData helps global enterprises improve gross margins by reducing supply chain costs. We place significant focus on delivering measurable and accountable supply chain solutions and strategies that transform companies. The unique LevaData Supply Management Platform allows customers to sense, recommend, act, and learn. Customers include leaders in the top global supply chain organizations, as well as medium-sized OEMs seeking to achieve best-in-class direct materials sourcing practices. LevaData is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit levadata.com.
LevaData is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. LevaData is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. At LevaData, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include job description "Director of Business Development" in the subject.
Click here to see all open positions at LevaData.