Location: Remote United States
The Director of Commercial Operations is responsible for organizational effectiveness and the related productivity of sales, marketing, and customer experience. This includes general planning, reporting, quota setting and management, process optimization, sales training and program implementation, compensation administration, and deal desk management. As a member of LevaData’s commercial teams, this individual will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and work closely with other stakeholders to ensure efficient commercial operation and overall sales effectiveness. The Director of Commercial Operations may manage one or more Managers of Sales and/or Marketing Operations.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the Chief Commercial Officer, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales quotas and ensuring that financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Product Officer to understand firm sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Working with Human Resources and senior sales leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Achievement of sales bookings, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for on-time implementation of sales quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting intitiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, suppot, and training resources.
- Accountable for the accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- The Director of Commercial Operations reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Directly manages one or more Managers of Sales and/or Marketing Operations
- Directs the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate resources.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years of sales or sales management experience in a B2B sales environment.
- Minimum five years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- This position will require domestic travel and periodic international travel.
- All prospective employees must take and pass a background check.
- Highly competitive salary.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Fully remote anywhere within the U.S. – work from home!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans with 100% employer coverage for employees.
- 401(k) matching.
- Family leave plan.
- Stock option plan.
LevaData helps global enterprises improve gross margins by reducing supply chain costs. We place significant focus on delivering measurable and accountable supply chain solutions and strategies that transform companies. The unique LevaData Supply Management Platform allows customers to sense, recommend, act, and learn. Customers include leaders in the top global supply chain organizations, as well as medium-sized OEMs seeking to achieve best-in-class direct materials sourcing practices. LevaData is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit levadata.com.
LevaData is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. LevaData is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. At LevaData, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include job description "Director of Commercial Operations" in the subject.
Click here to see all open positions at LevaData.