Position in the organization
The Engineering Manager reports into the VP of Engineering.
LevaData helps global enterprises improve gross margins by reducing supply chain costs, with a focus on delivering measurable and accountable supply chain solutions and strategies that transform companies. The unique LevaData Cognitive Sourcing™ Platform allows customers to sense, recommend, act, and learn. Customers include leaders in the top global supply chain organizations, as well as medium-sized OEMs seeking to achieve best-in-class direct materials sourcing practices. LevaData is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit www.levadata.com.
- Work with purpose - join us in transforming strategic sourcing and procurement with the adoption of the latest technologies including AI, advanced analytics, and syndicated market intelligence.
- Equity in an early stage start-up.
LevaData is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. LevaData is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. At LevaData, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Technical Manager who is responsible to manage and scale our product engineering functions. This position provides hands-on technical, architecture, and management functions to our product development team and reports to the VP of Engineering. The person will also need to closely work with the product management, business operations, quality assurance, and customer-facing teams.
- Responsible for hiring top talent, retention, team development as well as ensuring timely, high-quality release. Build and manage collaborative and high productive teams in India, Europe, and North America. Use the time differences to your advantage.
- Ensure proper tracking of project activities right from user story definition to delivery. Keep your team up to speed, and on schedule to meet agreed-upon software delivery dates.
- Act as an owner of the projects and team assigned to you. Take responsibility for product quality, on-time delivery, as well as effective, efficient, secure, and predictable releases.
- Take responsibility for increasing your own and your team’s knowledge. Self-learning is a MUST in this dynamic and competitive environment.
- Co-ordination of releases to multiple customers
- Ensure technical reviews with appropriate teams (architectural, product, customer-facing teams)
- Review of architecture designs and expected to do coding 50% of time
- Ensure proper unit testing and code reviews take place at the appropriate time during the software development cycle.
- Co-ordination with different stakeholders (internal and external)
- Define and improve engineering practices and processes as required. Nothing is written in stone.
- Setting up individual goals for team members and tracking
- Respond to operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements to ensure consistent delivery of quality services
- Tracking of releases across various hosting services
- Covid-19 has changed the way we work. Work independently or as part of a team when required, but always productively.
- 12+ years of progressive experience in technical leadership and development management, with experience across a variety of SaaS technology stacks and cloud platform services.
- Stronghold on the latest technologies, SaaS architecture, design patterns that lead long term scalable, stable, high-quality, and flexible cloud solutions with security, OWASP, and SOC2 compliance.
- Strong hands-on coding experience with Java and J2EE technologies with a good eye for building enterprise-class products.
- Experience with ELK and Spring Frameworks is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience in design, architecture, and implementation of cloud services based on microservices, and containerized architectures. Recent coding experience is highly desirable.
- Exposure to different approaches to building and maintaining multi-tenant SaaS products and cloud platforms
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, and management skills
- Demonstrated experience with agile development methodologies and building high performing teams
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, and experience in implementing QA methodologies
- Good experience in setting CI/CD pipelines and automation cycles
- Must be willing to work through time zone issues – sometimes late nights and or early mornings, hopefully to your advantage.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include job description "Engineering Manager" in the subject.