Location: Remote United States
LevaData is seeking a Vice President and Head of Sales for our office in San Jose, CA or remote in the US to manage and provide leadership to our top line growth strategies. This includes managing direct sales activities, meeting with prospective clients, analyzing sales productivity, designing effective sales strategies, the equitable distribution of territories, and advocating the company’s products and services across all channels. Administrative tasks such capacity planning, pipeline reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, and the selection of sales force talent, are critical functions. As a member of LevaData’s senior leadership team, this individual will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and work closely with other stakeholders to ensure organizational sales effectiveness. The Head of Sales will manage a team of sales representatives and be measured on quota performance.
- The Vice President and Head of Sales reports to the Chief Revenue Officer
- Directly manages a team of Sales Directors
- Directs the activity of solution consultants, implementation resources, and other sales and management resources as might be needed in the pursuit of quota performance targets
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the Chief Revenue Officer in the implementation of sales and growth objectives that appropriately reflect business goals
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales quotas and ensuring that financial objectives are optimally allocated to direct sales channels and resources through quota programming
- Accountable to monthly, quarterly, and annual forecast achievement and accuracy
- Partners with other commercial leaders to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch
- Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement and growth mindset
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity
- Works closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Product Officer to understand needed technology investments to be more competitive and deliver higher customer value
- Recommends enhancements to the company CRM technology platform
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel and equitable territory assignment
- Makes recommendations for coverage models or team configurations to maximize sales
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success
- Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with performance management priorities
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies
- Helps to prioritize training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles
- Works with Human Resources and the executive leadership team to design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategies, and align with business and other organizational growth objectives
- This position will require domestic travel and periodic international travel
- Achievement of sales bookings, profit, and other strategic objectives
- Accountable for on-time implementation of sales quotas and performance objectives
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred
- Minimum five years of sales or sales management experience in a B2B sales environment
- Minimum five years in business development, business planning, or sales operations
- Experience managing teams in an analytical and rigorous corporate environment
- All prospective employees must take and pass a background check
- Highly competitive salary.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Fully remote anywhere within the U.S. – work from home!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans with 100% employer coverage for employees.
- 401(k) matching.
- Family leave plan.
- Stock option plan.
LevaData helps global enterprises improve gross margins by reducing supply chain costs. We place significant focus on delivering measurable and accountable supply chain solutions and strategies that transform companies. The unique LevaData Supply Management Platform allows customers to sense, recommend, act, and learn. Customers include leaders in the top global supply chain organizations, as well as medium-sized OEMs seeking to achieve best-in-class direct materials sourcing practices. LevaData is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit levadata.com.
LevaData is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. LevaData is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. At LevaData, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include job description "Vice President and Head of Sales" in the subject.
Click here to see all open positions at LevaData.