Location: Hyderabad, India
LevaData is seeking a Senior/Mid-tier Engineer to work out of our Hyderabad, India office. This person will play a pivotal role in helping us implement new solutions in DevOps in support of our Rest API-based micros services and data ingestion pipeline that surface insights and make the intelligence actionable.
As a core member of the Engineering team, the Senior Engineer will work closely with your manager, other engineers, product managers, and the business to ensure the delivery of high-quality applications. These applications should satisfy functional requirements with a minimal amount of technical debt and such that non-functional requirements (scalability, availability SLAs, etc.) are met as well. This is an opportunity to join a growing team of talented individuals focused on developing unique, cutting-edge solutions using agile methodologies and the latest data technologies and machine learning/AI techniques that transform today's supply chain and procurement practices.
- Build and manage the LevaData AWS foundation platform to enable application deployments.
- Engineer solutions on AWS foundation platform using Infrastructure As Code methods (e.g. Terraform).
- Integrate, configure, deploy and manage centrally provided common cloud services (e.g. IAM, networking, logging, Operating systems, Containers).
- Set up methods to monitor AWS resources and applications running on AWS.
- Consume centrally agreed base LevaData Hardened OS (Linux and Windows).
- Ensure compliance with centrally defined security standards.
- Ensure compliancy with operational risk standards (E.g. Network, Firewall, OS, Logging, Monitoring, Availability, Resiliency).
- Build and support continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and continuous testing activities.
- Engineering activities to implement patches provided centrally.
- Support non-functional testing.
- Update support and operational documentation as required
- Fault find and support applications teams.
- Ensure good change management practice is implemented as specified by central standards.
- Experience building a range of services in AWS, including EC2, S3, VPC, Aurora, and Databases.
- Expert-level understanding of DevOps principles and infrastructure as code concepts and techniques.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and available tools.
- Security and Compliance experience, e.g. IAM and cloud compliance/auditing/monitoring tools.
- Customer/stakeholder focus. Ability to build strong relationships with application teams, cross functional IT, and global/local IT teams.
- Good leadership and teamwork skills - works collaboratively in an agile environment with DevOps application ‘pods’ to provide AWS specific capability/skills required to deliver the service.
- Experience with ELK stack configuration and management.
- Operational effectiveness - delivers solutions that align to approved design patterns and security standards.
- Risk management effectiveness.
- Experienced in full automation and configuration management.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Experience building effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same.
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programs, utilizing appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success.
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes essential skills.
- Demonstrable AWS experience - infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services including Compute, Storage, VPC.
- Demonstrable experience in Linux administration and scripting preferably Ubuntu.
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and continuous testing tools.
- Experience working within an agile environment.
- Server administration (either Linux or Windows).
- Experience in automation scripting (using scripting languages such as Terraform, Ansible etc.).
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical and Personal Accidental Insurance
- Flexible hours
- Awesome team and culture
- Great office location(s) in San Jose downtown (by the San Jose Tech Museum) and Cyberabad, India.
- International Travel
- Vacation and Time Off
- and more…
LevaData helps global enterprises improve gross margins by reducing supply chain costs. We place significant focus on delivering measurable and accountable supply chain solutions and strategies that transform companies. The unique LevaData Supply Management Platform allows customers to sense, recommend, act, and learn. Customers include leaders in the top global supply chain organizations, as well as medium-sized OEMs seeking to achieve best-in-class direct materials sourcing practices. LevaData is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit levadata.com.
LevaData is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. LevaData is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. At LevaData, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include job description "Senior Engineer - DevOps" in the subject.
Click here to see all open positions at LevaData.