Location: Hyderabad, India
LevaData is seeking a Senior/Mid-tier Engineer to work out of our Hyderabad, India office. This person will play a pivotal role in helping us implement new solutions in Python in support of our Rest API-based micros services and data ingestion pipeline that surface insights and make the intelligence actionable.
As a core member of the Engineering team, the Senior Engineer will work closely with your manager, other engineers, product managers, and the business to ensure the delivery of high-quality applications. These applications should satisfy functional requirements with a minimal amount of technical debt and such that non-functional requirements (scalability, availability SLAs, etc.) are met as well. This is an opportunity to join a growing team of talented individuals focused on developing unique, cutting-edge solutions using agile methodologies and the latest data technologies and machine learning/AI techniques that transform today's supply chain and procurement practices.
- Write user-level stories and subtasks with your manager and the product management team.
- Execute these via designs and high-quality implementations in Java and/or Python.
- Work with front-end engineer to clearly demarcate division of responsibilities via REST-based interfaces.
- Focus on solutions that deliver non-functional requirements around performance, scalability, security, high availability, monitorability, debuggability and other such concerns.
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements.
- Advocate best practices and standards.
- BE or ME in Computer Science or a related field from a reputed institute
- 5+ years of experience as a server-side engineer as an individual contributor in a product-based company or as a consultant
- Very strong real-world experience with:
- Cloud-Based Infrastructure: AWS (and the very many services it offers). Definitely EC2, S3/Glacier, EBS, EFS, Route53, RDS, SNS/SES/SQS, ElasticSearch, AI services, etc. to name a few.
- Programming Languages: Very strong in Java (Idioms, Patterns, Collections, Concurrency, Memory-Model, Executor Framework, NIO) and up-to-date i.e. well-versed with Java-8 capabilities around "functional" capabilities and several others. Familiarity with Scala and/or Python is desirable.
- Frameworks: Strong familiarity with Spring Framework, Workflow and Job Management frameworks (e.g. Oozie, Azkaban etc.), Log4J
- Application Servers: Nginx/Apache and Tomcat expertise is needed.
- Data Stores and Data Access: Familiarity with JDBC, DAO, ORMs such as Hibernate and SQL. Familiarity with NoSQL stores is highly desirable.
- CI/CD Practices: Strong expertise with Git, Jenkins (or other CI tools), Unit Testing, and Integration Testing.
- Architecture: Strong in terms of server-side architecture, SOA, Microservices, Swagger, etc. Must have strong object-oriented programming knowledge along with algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and performance optimization techniques.
- AI: Knowledge of Apache NLP/Stanford NLP and/or other NLP/ML techniques and some familiarity with AWS services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Process-oriented and familiar with Git, Agile, Scrum, Standups, and the Atlassian suite of products.
- Ability to deliver specific and actionable code reviews.
- Ability to debug problems in production quickly.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Mentoring capabilities to mentor junior engineers and ensure their professional growth.
- Motivated and responsible individual who strives to exceed expectations.
- Sincere interest in working at a maturing startup and scaling with the company as we grow.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical and Personal Accidental Insurance
- Flexible hours
- Awesome team and culture
- Great office location(s) in San Jose downtown (by the San Jose Tech Museum) and Cyberabad, India.
- International Travel
- Vacation and Time Off
- and more…
LevaData helps global enterprises improve gross margins by reducing supply chain costs. We place significant focus on delivering measurable and accountable supply chain solutions and strategies that transform companies. The unique LevaData Cognitive Sourcing™ Platform allows customers to sense, recommend, act, and learn. Customers include leaders in the top global supply chain organizations, as well as medium-sized OEMs seeking to achieve best-in-class direct materials sourcing practices. LevaData is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit www.levadata.com.
LevaData is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. LevaData is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. At LevaData, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include job description "Senior Engineer - Python" in the subject.
Click here to see all open positions at LevaData.