Location: Remote United States
The LevaData Professional Services (LPS) Organization enables our customers to rapidly recognize the value of LevaData Solutions in an efficient, timely, and cost-effective manner by providing our customers educational, implementation, advisory, and managed services. This department of LevaData is critical to company success as the first experience and engagement with the customer post-sale, setting the tone for a new partnership by establishing clear deliverables, quick wins, and efficient execution.
The Senior Manager, Advisory Services provides comprehensive raw material and custom component sourcing advisory services to LevaData customers. Reporting to the Head of LevaData Professional Services (LPS), this position is responsible for developing comprehensive monthly and quarterly analysis reports on key raw material pricing/supply trends and outlook utilizing public and purchased information as well as industry contacts and personal expertise. The position will be expected to be or become an expert on a variety of raw materials that are crucial to sourcing, such as aluminum, copper, rare earth metals, resin, cobalt, etc., and be able to speak knowledgeably to the global market dynamics affecting these commodities while providing an incisive perspective to help guide customer sourcing strategies. In addition, this position will have direct contact with customer custom category and sourcing managers, as well as executive management, and will be expected to exhibit subject matter expertise and functional experience within a broad range of direct custom procurement categories, such as plastics, mechanicals, PCBs, and packaging. This position requires experience in custom part supplier management and sourcing as a foundation as well as deep knowledge of commodity market dynamics and sourcing practices.
- Develop monthly commodity updates and insights for LevaData customers on 15-20 identified raw materials, and longer quarterly reports on these raw materials detailing industry supply and demand dynamics and outlook for cost and risk, with application to specific customer needs.
- Identify savings and risk opportunities for customers in their custom commodity areas using LevaData platform insights, raw material background, and prior industry sourcing experience, helping to guide customers in a comprehensive program to leverage these insights into direct action with suppliers.
- Train customers in how to identify incremental component and product cost or risk insights using the LevaData platform, and share best practices on how to extract maximum value from these opportunities.
- Function as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) to drive customer adoption of LevaData tools and insights into their existing sourcing framework, with the goal of having customers rely on the LevaData platform as a foundational part of their sourcing process.
- Motivate and lead customers in a change-management process to drive platform and insight adoption across the procurement organization; actively supporting customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with LevaData Product Management to enhance product features, especially in the area of custom parts, providing user feedback into features and proposing advanced concepts for category content/insights.
- Evaluate and analyze customer sourcing gaps or inefficiencies, and develop a plan to augment those gaps through LevaData tools and/or Advisory services.
- Participate in the Advisory Services pre-sales process with sales team to build client relationships, scope opportunities, and deliver effective solutions.
- Bring diverse and thought-provoking perspective to customer supply chain and procurement challenges, including market trends, industry insights, best-in-class sourcing practices, and innovative approaches from your experience.
- Create and/or improve Advisory training practices, presentations, and methodologies. Actively engage within Advisory Services team to develop best-in-class approaches to customer challenges.
- Travel up to 50% to customer sites when safe to do so.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8-10 years of direct procurement/sourcing experience in global companies; Master degree preferred.
- Global Direct Material Sourcing experience in a varied Raw Materials category (such as aluminum, copper, rare earth metals, resin, cobalt, etc). Also experience with custom categories such as Mechanicals/metals, Plastics/resins, PCBs, and Packaging with a history of achieving best-in-class results using innovative approaches in sourcing and supplier management.
- Experience in developing analysis reports or summaries on various commodities such as aluminum, copper, resin, etc.
- Strong “executive presence” skills, being able to present to and work with individual contributors up to the CPO level, having the ability to adjust tone and approach accordingly, while driving engagement and buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Proactive and organized cross-functional project management skills, being able to drive an Advisory change-management process across customer procurement organizations, producing measurable incremental savings results.
- Experience in a consulting environment, having had experience developing and presenting industry insight reports to corporate clients ideal.
- Software consulting skills a plus, or at least experience with spend/supply chain analytics platforms.
- Strong analytical and writing skills for evaluating raw material commodity reports and developing a concise yet comprehensive summary/perspective. English language proficiency a must.
- Effective Excel/spreadsheet and presentation software skills. Working knowledge of Jira, Smartsheet or similar project tools a plus.
- Highly competitive salary.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Fully remote anywhere within the U.S. – work from home!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans with 100% employer coverage for employees.
- 401(k) matching.
- Family leave plan.
- Stock option plan.
LevaData helps global enterprises improve gross margins by reducing supply chain costs. We place significant focus on delivering measurable and accountable supply chain solutions and strategies that transform companies. The unique LevaData Supply Management Platform allows customers to sense, recommend, act, and learn. Customers include leaders in the top global supply chain organizations, as well as medium-sized OEMs seeking to achieve best-in-class direct materials sourcing practices. LevaData is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit levadata.com.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job description, "Sr. Program Manager, Professional Services" in the subject line.
To view all open positions at LevaData, please visit levadata.com/about-levadata-careers
LevaData is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, or any other category protected under the law. LevaData is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. At LevaData, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.