Position in the organization
The Vice President of Customer Success reports into the Chief Revenue Officer.
LevaData helps global enterprises improve gross margins by reducing supply chain costs, with a focus on delivering measurable and accountable supply chain solutions and strategies that transform companies. The unique LevaData Cognitive Sourcing™ Platform allows customers to sense, recommend, act and learn. Customers include leaders in the top global supply chain organizations, as well as medium-sized OEMs seeking to achieve best-in-class direct materials sourcing practices. LevaData is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit www.levadata.com.
- Work with purpose - join us in transforming strategic sourcing and procurement with adoption of latest technologies including AI, advanced analytics, and syndicated market intelligence.
- Equity in an early-stage startup
- Remote work environment
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
LevaData is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. LevaData is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
The Vice President of Global Customer Success (VPCS) is responsible for designing, developing, and executing the global customer engagement model at LevaData Inc. As VPCS, you’ll own customer insight and sentiment, be accountable for reducing churn and improving net retention, delivering revenue growth through subscription renewal events and customer account upsell, and leading frequent business reviews and customer journey mapping activities. The ideal candidate will work in close collaboration with sales, customer support teams, product development, and other functions, to increase portfolio awareness and improve quality and velocity to the LevaData Inc. sales pipeline. If you love inspiring customer loyalty and leveraging data to make decisions, this might be the job for you. As a member of LevaData Inc.’s senior leadership team, this individual will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and work closely with other stakeholders to ensure effective customer and commercial productivity results.
- Designs, implements, and manages customer insight and sentiment programs, delivers churn and net retention planning, and drives bookings growth. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in organizational cost management. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes.
- Maximize adoption and utilization of LevaData Inc. products within the customer account base while increasing renewal rates and minimizing churn globally and across all product lines.
- Expand revenue in accounts through identification of cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, and customer satisfaction.
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability.
- Define and optimize customer lifecycle by working with commercial and cross-functional teams to define a thorough mapping of the customer journey at LevaData Inc.
- Develop listening points in customer journey map e.g., usage, satisfaction, and development opportunities, with standardize interventions for each point in journey.
- Provides leadership to the marketing and sales organization, and counsel to the Chief Revenue Officer, in implementing customer objectives that appropriately reflect business goals.
- Responsible for designing creative customer campaigns that differentiate from competitive options and effectively describe the product and services value proposition of LevaData Inc.
- Accountable for the timely assignment of all commercial organizational objectives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for customer and business development, including process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs throughout the organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient processes.
- Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of commercial organization productivity. Works closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Technology Officer to understand firm bookings and technology strategies. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of customer success personnel. Makes recommendations for shifting roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize bookings and retention productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models as appropriate.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures customer sentiment, churn, retention reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establishes a customer success training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for customer success, management, and program support roles.
- Working with Human Resources and senior sales leadership, designs customer success incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce organizational strategy, and align with business and commercial organizational objectives.
- Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with commercial and customer success compensation.
- Achievement of current customer sales bookings and reducing churn rates.
- Accountable for improving renewal rates of current customers.
- Accountable for the implementation of business reviews and customer journey mapping.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for customer effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Directly manages one or more Directors and/or Managers of Customer Success.
- Directs the support of customer success, solution center resources, and other product development or customer support resources, and coordinating with the appropriate resources.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years of sales management experience in a B2B sales environment.
- Minimum five years in a customer success contribution and/or management.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include job description "VP of Customer Success" in the subject.
Click here to see all open positions at LevaData.